Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Tourism: The Business of Hospitality and Travel, 5e views the industry from a business perspective—examining the management, marketing and finance issues most important to industry members. Chapters reveal an integrated model of tourism and address consumer behavior, service quality and personal selling. Readings and integrative cases close each part and end-of-chapter exercises offer application activities for students. This edition includes early coverage of geography, more international examples, new case studies and expanded application and web-based exercises.
PART I: THE TRAVELING PUBLIC AND TOURSIM PROMOTERS
1. Introducing the World's Largest Industry, Tourism
2. Marketing to the Traveling Public
3. Delivering Quality Tourism Services
4. Bringing Travelers and Tourism Service Suppliers Together Integrative Cases
5. Capturing Technologies Competitive Advantages
PART II: TOURISM SERVICE SUPPLIERS
8. Food and Beverage
9. Attractions and Entertainment
10. Destinations Integrative Cases
PART III: THE SERVICE AND HOSPITALITY ENVIRONMENT
11. Economic and Political Impacts of Tourism
12. Environmental and Social/Cultural Impacts of Tourism
13. Sustaining Tourism's Benefits
14. Exploring the Future of Tourism Integrative Cases