Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Sucheta Mahajan is a professor at the Centre for Historical Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Sabyasachi Bhattacharya is former Chairman of the Indian Council of Historical Research.
Table of Contents
Calendar of Documents
General Editor's Preface
Volume Editor's Introduction
SECTION I. 1 JANUARY 1947 TO 22 MARCH 1947:
1. Constituent Assembly
2. Political Developments in Early 1947
3. Functioning of the Interim Government
4. The Last Viceroy
5. Statement of 20 February 1947 and its Aftermath
6. Communalism: General
7. Civil Disobedience Movements by the Muslim League
8. Communalism: Provinces
9. Demand for Partition
10. Volunteer Organizations
SECTION II. 23 MARCH 1947 TO 2 JUNE 1947:
13. Constituent Assembly
14. Interim Government
15. Exploring Political Alternatives
16. Making of the 3 June Plan
17. Contending with Communalism
18. Communalism: Provinces
19. Muslim League Civil Disobedience Movement in Assam and NWFP
20. Division of Punjab
21. Bengal: United or Divided
22. Exercising Options: Referendum in North-West Frontier Province and Sylhet
23. Minority Groups and Displaced Populations
24. Volunteer Organizations