The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Early Complex Societies, 3500 to 500 B.C.E.
1. Before History
2. Early Societies in Southwest Asia
3. Early African Societies and the Bantu Migrations
4. Early Societies in South Asia
5. Early Societies in East Asia
6. Early Societies in the Americas and Oceania
Part II: The Formation of Classical Societies, 500 B.C.E. to 500 C.E.
7. The Empires of Persia
8. The Unification of China
9. State, Society, and the Quest for Salvation in India
10. Mediterranean Society: The Greek Phase
11. Mediterranean Society: The Roman Phase
12. Cross-Cultural Exchanges on the Silk Roads
Part III: The Postclassical Era, 500-1000 C.E.
13. The Commonwealth of Byzantium
14. The Expansive Realm of Islam
15. The Resurgence of Empire in East Asia
16. India and the Indian Ocean Basin
17. The Foundations of Christian Society in Western Europe
Part IV: An Age of Cross-Cultural Interaction, 1000 to 1500 C.E.
18. Nomadic Empires and Eurasian Integration
19. States and Societies of Sub-Saharan Africa
20. Western Europe During the High Middle Ages
21. Worlds Apart: The Americas and Oceania
22. Reaching Out: Cross-Cultural Interactions
Part V: The Origins of Global Interdependence, 1500-1800
23. Transoceanic Encounters and Global Connections
24. The Transformation of Europe
25. The New Worlds: The Americas and Oceania
26. Africa and the Atlantic World
27. Tradition and change in East Asia
Part VI: An Age of Revolution, Industry, and Empire, 1750-1914
28. The Islamic Empires
29. Revolutions and National States in the Atlantic World
30. The Making of Industrial Society
31. The Americas in the Age of Independence
32. Societies at Crossroads
33. The Building of Global Empires
Part VII: Contemporary Global Realignments, 1914 to the Present
34. The Great War: The World in Upheaval
35. An Age of Anxiety
36. Nationalism and Political Identities in Asia, Africa, and Latin America