Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping.
Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $164.40
In this groundbreaking First Edition, Mary Crawford presents a framework for understanding how the lives of all people are shaped by gender. Instead of presenting gender as a collection of individual traits, Transformations presents gender as a social system that is used to categorize people and is linked to power and status. The readable and lively style, combined with a balance of classical research studies and current theories, provide an engaging overview of the psychology of women.
Mary Crawford is professor of psychology and former director of the Women's Studies Program at the University of Connecticut.
Table of Contents
Part 1. INTRODUCTION
1. Paving the Way
Part 2. GENDER IN SOCIAL CONTEXT
2. Gender, Status, and Power
3. Images of Women
4. The Meanings of Difference
Part 3. GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT
5. Sex, Gender and Bodies
6. Gendered Identities: Childhood And Adolescence
7. In a Woman's Body*
Part 4. GENDERED LIFE PATHS
8. Sex, Love, and Romance
9. Commitments: Women and Close Relationships
11. Work and Achievement
12. The Second Half: Midlife and Aging
Part 5. GENDER AND WELL-BEING
13. Psychological Disorders, Therapy, and Women's Well-Being*
14. Making a Difference: Toward a Better Future for Women