Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Prepare your massage therapy students to meet the needs of clients who require clinical orthopedic work with Manual Therapy for the Low Back and Pelvis: A Clinical Orthopedic Approach. This straightforward, procedures-oriented book empowers students to develop the advanced clinical orthopedic skills they need to confidently and effectively manage pain and conditions in the lower back and pelvis.
Drawing on his experience as a chiropractor, manual therapist, and educator, author Joe Muscolino guides students through effective clinical orthopedic manual therapy techniques for the functional muscle groups and joints of the lower back and pelvis. Accompanying online video clips demonstrate techniques in action.
Part One provides an overview of anatomy and physiology, common pathologic conditions, and assessment, while Part Two offers a variety of tested and proven treatment techniques. Each treatment chapter combines illustrations and photos with detailed explanations to help readers visualize and understand the specific technique and underlying anatomic structures.
Practical online resources include:
- Bonus Chapter: Self-Care for the Client
- Bonus Chapter: Self-Care for the Therapist
- Chapter Review Questions and Answers
- Answers to Case Study “Think It Through” questions
- Video Clips of Selected Techniques
- Complete Image Bank with photos, illustrations, and tables