Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
J.S.Ratti has been teaching mathematics at all levels for over 35 years. He is currently a full professor of mathematics and director of the "Center for Mathematical Services" at the University of South Florida. Professor Ratti is the author of numerous research papers in analysis, graph theory, and probability. He has won several awards for excellence in undergraduate teaching at University of South Florida and known as the coauthor of a successful finite mathematics textbook.
Marcus McWaters is currently the chair of the Mathematics Department at the University of South Florida, a position he has held for the last eight years. Since receiving his PhD in mathematics from the University of Florida, he has taught all levels of undergraduate and graduate courses, with class sizes ranging from 3 to 250. As chair, he has worked intensively to structure a course delivery system for lower level courses that would improve the low retention rate these courses experience across the country. When not involved with mathematics or administrative activity, he enjoys playing racquetball, spending time with his two daughters, and traveling the world with his wife.
Table of Contents
1. Trigonometric Functions
1.3. Trigonometric Functions
1.4. Reference Angles
1.5. Fundamental Trigonometric Identities
2. Right Triangle Trigonometry
2.1. Trigonometric Functions of an Acute Angle
2.2. Solving Right Triangles
2.3. Additional Applications of Right Triangles
3. Radian Measure and Circular Functions
3.1. Radian Measure
3.2. Applications of Radian Measure
3.3. The Unit Circle and Circular Functions
3.4. Angular and Linear Speed
4. Graphs of the Circular Functions
4.1. Graphs of the Circular Functions
4.2. Amplitude and Period
4.3. Translations of the Graphs of Circular Functions
5. Trigonometric Identities
5.1. Verifying Identities
5.2. Sum and Difference Identities
5.3. Double-Angle and Half-Angle Identities
5.4. Product-to-Sum and Sum-to-Product Identities
6. Inverse Functions and Trigonometric Equations
6.1. Inverse Trigonometric Functions
6.2. Trigonometric Equations I
6.3. Trigonometric Equations II
7. Applications of Trigonometric Functions
7.1. The Law of Sines
7.2. The Law of Sines: Ambiguous Case
7.3. The Law of Cosines
7.4. Area of a Triangle
8.1. Geometric Vectors
8.2. Algebraic Vectors
8.3. The Dot Product