Only one copy
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
(Each chapter ends with a Summary, Chapter Review Exercises, and a Chapter Test.)
1. The Trigonometric Functions.
Angle Relationships and Similar Triangles.
Definitions of the Trigonometric Functions.
Using the Definitions of the Trigonometric Functions.
2. Acute Angles and Right Triangles.
Trigonometric Functions of Non-Acute Angles.
Finding Trigonometric Function Values Using a Calculator.
Solving Right Triangles.
Further Applications of Right Triangles.
3. Radian Measure and the Circular Functions.
Applications of Radian Measure.
Circular Functions of Real Numbers.
Linear and Angular Velocity.
4. Graphs of the Circular Functions.
Translations of the Graphs of the Sine and Cosine Functions.
Graphs of the Other Circular Functions.
5. Trigonometric Identities.
Verifying Trigonometric Identities.
Sum and Difference Identities for Cosine.
Sum and Difference Identities for Sine and Tangent.
6. Inverse Trigonometric Functions and Trigonometric Equations.
Trigonometric Equations I.
Trigonometric Equations II.
Equations Involving Inverse Trigonometric Functions.
7. Applications of Trigonometry and Vectors.
The Ambiguous Case of the Law of Sines.
The Law of Cosines.
Vectors and the DOT Product.
Applications of Vectors.
8. Complex Numbers, Polar Equations, and Parametric Equations.
Trigonometric (Polar) Form of Complex Numbers.
Product and Quotient Theorems.
Powers and Roots of Complex Numbers.
Polar Equations and Graphs.
Parametric Equations, Graphs, and Applications.
9. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions.
Evaluating Logarithms and the Change-of-Base Theorem.
Exponential and Logarithmic Equations.
Answers to Selected Exercises.
Index of Applications.