More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the Reprint edition with a publication date of 6/10/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Zara Steiner is Emeritus Fellow, New Hall, University of Cambridge, and a Fellow of the British Academy.
Table of Contents
Part I: Retreat from Internationalism, 1933-1938
1. Brown Dawn: The Rise of Hitler and the Death of Disarmament, 1933-1934
2. Uncertain Embraces: The European Powers and Nazi Germany, 1934-1935
3. The Assault on Versailles and Locarno: Ethiopia and the occupation of the Rhineland
4. The Remnants of Internationalism, 1936-1938
5. The Spanish Cockpit, 1935-1938
6. Rearmament and Appeasement 1936-1937
7. Appeasement Advances, 1937-1938
8. Illusions of Neutrality: Eastern Europe, 1936-1938
9. Whither the Soviet Union? Moscow and the West, 1936-1938
10. Thunder from the East: The Sino-Japanese Conflict and the European Powers, 1933-1938
11. Hitler Moves: Austria and Czechoslovakia, 1938
12. The Munich Settlement
Part II: The Road to Hitler's War, 1938-1939
13. The Fog of Peace: Strategic Choices after Munich
14. Black Sun: Aggression and Deterrence
15. Darkening Skies: Peace Talking and War Planning in Britain and France
16. Unleashing the Dogs of War
17. Red Clouds: The Soviet Union and the Nazi-Soviet Pact, 1939
18. Escape from War or Persecution? The Smaller Powers and the Jews
19. The Nightmare of the Dark: The Decisions for War