Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Written and edited by experts in the field, this collection from Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Medicine examines all aspects of M. tuberculosis biology, transmission, and infection, as well as ongoing strategies to treat and control it. Contributors explore the biological characteristics of M. tuberculosis, its complex interactions with the human immune system, and factors that influence the progression from latent to active TB disease (e.g., coinfection with HIV/AIDS). The clinical manifestations of TB, both pulmonary and extrapulmonary, are fully described and illustrated.
This volume also includes discussions of recent advances in the development of diagnostics, drugs, and vaccines, as well as strategies for enhanced implementation of existing interventions. It is an essential reference for microbiologists, immunologists, pathologists, epidemiologists, and clinicians, and all who wish to understand and combat this global health burden.
Table of Contents
1. Global epidemiology of TB
Philippe Glaziou & Mario Raviglione
2. TB diagnostics
Stephen D. Lawn
3. Imaging and TB
Jamshed B. Bomanji
4. TB treatment & drug regimens
Giovanni Battista Migliori, Rosella Centis, Lia D'ambrosio, &
5. Latent TB
6. Clinical-Adult TB
7. Clinical-Pediatric TB
8. MDR-TB & XDR-TB
9. TB/HIV coinfections
10. TB & co-morbidities w/CDs and NCDs
11. Infection control & TB
Vaccines, Immunology, Host Cells, & Biomarkers
12. Innate & acquired cellular immunity
Daniel L. Barber & Katrin Mayer-Barber
13. B cells in acquired immunity to TB
Arturo Casadevall & Jacqueline Achkar