Tuttle Concise Chinese Dictionary has both Chinese to English and English to Chinese sections. It's compact size allows for easy transport without limiting the content. This Mandarin dictionary is perfect for Chinese language students, or business people and tourists traveling to China who wish to learn Chinese. It contains over 25,000 words and expressions (including all the required words for the official HSK Chinese Proficiency Examination), carefully selected to cover all important aspects of life and commerce in China. In addition, extensive information on Chinese grammar and Mandarin pronunciation are included.
This Chinese dictionary contains the following features:
- 25,000 Chinese words and expressions.
- Chinese–English and English–Chinese sections
- Up-to-date local Chinese slang and idioms.
- A guide to Mandarin pronunciation and Chinese Grammar.
- An explanation of Mandarin tones and syllables.
- An introduction to writing Chinese and stroke order.
- Radical and stroke indexes for easy reference.
- All the Chinese vocabulary included in the HSK language examinations.
- Romanized forms (hanyu pinyin) including tones for accurate pronunciation.
- Extensive notes with detailed tips on usage and social context.
- Parts of speech, common phrases and idiomatic expressions.
Other dictionaries in this bestselling series you might be interested in include: Concise Japanese Dictionary, Concise Korean Dictionary, and Concise Vietnamese Dictionary.