Enter the fun, productive, supportive, and powerful world of Twitter!
What do you have to tell the world in 140 characters? With this guide, you'll figure out what to say as you use Twitter to enrich your life and your business. It walks you through all the opportunities available with this social networking tool. You'll quickly gain a strong understanding of the Twitter landscape and begin tweeting like a pro.
- Get down to the basics - figure out how to find your friends, invite them to Twitter, and start communicating with them in public and in private
- Follow and be followed - determine how to search for the sorts of people you want to follow and how you can start communicating with them in a way that makes sense
- Put Twitter into high gear - learn all the ways that you can interact with the Twitter interface, from desktop clients to mobile phone tricks to shorthand commands
- Cultivate your presence - explore the different ways in which people, businesses, not-for-profits, and other organizations can use Twitter
- Make it work - take advantage of the many resources that are useful in getting Twitter to work best for you
Open the book and find:
- How to sign up, pick a name, and invite contacts
- Tips for sending private messages
- Steps for building a company relationship
- Tricks of the Twitter gurus
- Ways to share your tweets through social networking
- All about staying on the cutting edge of Twitter
- Techniques for finding your tweet voice
- How to connect with people and make new friends
- Sign up, navigate the interface, and make connections
- Make your tweets unique
- Use the latest shortcuts and tools
- Promote your business or cause with Twitter
A fully updated guide to the how and why of using Twitter, this second edition explains how to sign up, find friends and people to follow, make the most of shortcuts, use popular Twitter tools, and Twitter on the go.