from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- Includes a proven pathway for becoming an effective manager
- Contains new information on management style and leadership, human nature and neuroscience, and the dark side of management
- Includes a self-assessment for each of the six building blocks to successful management
This research-based book offers the tools leaders need to improve their management style and succeed in the workplace.
Robert C. Benfari, AB, MBA, PhD, MSPH, is a multidiscipline behavioral scientist who has spent most of his career in teaching, research, and practice as a professor at the Harvard School of Public Health and the Division of Continuing Education. Benfari also consults to industry and government and conducts workshops on developing one's management style.
Table of Contents
About the Author
Introduction The Role of Human Nature
Chapter 1 Techniques for Development of Style
Chapter 2 Building Block #1: Psychological Type, a Cognitive Approach
Chapter 3 Building Block #2: Needs, Pathways to Competence
Chapter 4 Building Block #3: Power, Our Means of Influence
Chapter 5 Building Block #4: Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving
Chapter 6 Building Block #5: Values, Our Compass in Life
Chapter 7 Building Block #6: Stress in Our Lives
Chapter 8 Management Scenarios
Chapter 9 My Management Style
Appendix A, B, C
Bibliography and References