Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: The Paradox of Excess and Deprivation
2. Paying for Health Care
3. Access to Health Care
4. Reimbursing Health Care Providers
5. How Health Care is Organized 1: Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Care
6. How Health Care is Organized II: Health Delivery Systems
7. The Health Care Workforce and the Education of Health Care Professionals
8. Painful Versus Painless Cost Control
9. Mechanisms for Controlling Costs
10. Quality of Health Care
11. Prevention of Illness
12. Long-Term Care
13. Medical Ethics and Rationing of Health Care
14. Healh Care in Four Nations
15. Healh Care Reform and National Health Insurance
16. Conflict and Change in America's Health Care System
17. Conclusion: Tensions and Challenges
18. Questions and Discussion Topics