Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Section I: Individual Attitudes and Interpersonal Relations
1. Understanding Ourselves and Others: Clarifying Values and Language
2. Understanding Prejudice and Its Causes
3. Communication, Conflict, and Conflict Resolution
Section II: Cultural Foundations of Oppression in the United States
4. Immigrants and Oppressions: The Assault on Cultural and Language Diversity
5. Race and Oppression: The Experiences of People of Color in America
6. Religion and Oppression: The Struggle for Religious Freedom
7. rejecting Oppressive Relationships: The Logic of Cultural Pluralism for a Diverse Society
Section III: Contemporary Dilemmas for Intergroup Relations
8. Racism: Confronting a Legacy of White Domination of America
9. Sexism: Where the Personal Becomes Political
10. Heterosexism: Transforming Homosexuality from Deviant to Different
11. Classism: Misperceptions and Myths about Income, Wealth, and Poverty
12. Ableism: Disability Does Not Mean Inability
Section IV: The Challenge of Diversity to American Institutions
13. Pluralism in Schools: The Promise of Multicultural Education
14. Pluralism in Society: Creating Unity in a Diverse America