Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
In 2000, Dr. Koppelman published Values in the Key of Life, a book of essays on diversity and moral issues. Understanding Human Differences was first published in 2005. He is currently working on an anthology for Pearson addressing diversity issues. Dr. Koppelman is a professor emeritus at UW-La Crosse.
Table of Contents
Section I: Individual Attitudes and Interpersonal Relations
1. Understanding Ourselves and Others: Clarifying Values and Language
2. Understanding Prejudice and Its Causes
3. Communication, Conflict, and Conflict Resolution
Section II: Cultural Foundations of Oppression in the United States
4. Immigrants and Oppressions: The Assault on Cultural and Language Diversity
5. Race and Oppression: The Experiences of People of Color in America
6. Religion and Oppression: The Struggle for Religious Freedom
7. rejecting Oppressive Relationships: The Logic of Cultural Pluralism for a Diverse Society
Section III: Contemporary Dilemmas for Intergroup Relations
8. Racism: Confronting a Legacy of White Domination of America
9. Sexism: Where the Personal Becomes Political
10. Heterosexism: Transforming Homosexuality from Deviant to Different
11. Classism: Misperceptions and Myths about Income, Wealth, and Poverty
12. Ableism: Disability Does Not Mean Inability
Section IV: The Challenge of Diversity to American Institutions
13. Pluralism in Schools: The Promise of Multicultural Education
14. Pluralism in Society: Creating Unity in a Diverse America