The purpose of this book is to provide a framework of knowledge to help you (whether you are a student or a health professional) to do the following:
- Recognize drug categories and generic and trade name drugs
- Understand therapeutic drug actions and the rationale for using drugs to treat disease
- Understand why side effects, allergic effects, and other effects of drugs occur
- Discern between sound-alike drugs
- Explore clinical applications and current healthcare issues relating to pharmacology and drugs.
By providing this foundation of knowledge, Understanding Pharmacology for Health Professionals will help health professionalsí deal with drugs currently on the market and also with the myriad of new drugs that are approved each year.