Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
A classic developmental skills text for intermediate to advanced students of English, Understanding and Using English Grammar is a comprehensive reference grammar as well as a stimulating and teachable classroom text.
While keeping the same basic approach and material as in earlier editions, the Fourth Edition more fully develops communicative and interactive language-learning activities. Some of the new features are:
- Innovative warm-up exercises that precede the grammar charts and introduce points to be taught
- Structure-based listening exercises ranging from casual speech to academic content
- Academic readings that highlight the targeted grammar structures
- Greatly expanded speaking practice with extensive pair, group and class work
- Corpus-informed syllabus that reflects the discourse patterns of spoken and written English
- Audio CDs and listening script in the back of the Student Book