Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
For courses in Violence and Victimization, Victimology, and Crime and Violence.
Combines theory with applied responses to victimization.
Understanding Violence and Victimization, Sixth Edition, goes beyond simple discussions of violence to explore the social and legal responses to victimization. Meadows focuses on the experience of victims and how the occurrence of violence; whether at home, in the community, or as the result of personal assault or abuse; can have a devastating effect. Drawing on extensive experience in the field, Meadows explores numerous types of violence and examines the offender—victim relationships, relevant data, and situational factors that influence violent incidents. Both students and those employed in crime prevention and victim services will find the text an indispensable resource for learning about and responding to violent crimes.
Robert J. Meadows is Professor and Chair of Criminal Justice at California Lutheran University. Dr. Meadows’ research and teaching interests include legal issues in criminal justice, security, violence and victimization, and delinquency. He authored a book on Saudi Arabian justice and a parent’s guide for coping with difficult teenagers. He is also a co-author of
Table of Contents
1. Measuring and Understanding Violence
2. Victimization Theories
3. Victims of Intimate Violence
4. Non-familiar Violence and Victimization
5. Workplace Violence and Victimization
6. School Violence and Victimization
7. Criminal Justice Injustice
8. Human Trafficking and Victimization
9. Responding to Criminal Victimization
Appendix A: Major Sources of Victimization Data and Information
Appendix B: Resource Guide