Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
PART I. OVERVIEW AND PAYMENT
1. Health and Healthcare in America: An Introduction
2. The Business Side of Healthcare
3. The Payment Process: Insurance and Third-Party Payers
4. The Payment Process: Government Payment Programs
PART II. EMPLOYMENT IN HEALTHCARE
5. Healthcare Providers: Physicians and Nurses
6. Other Clinical and Non-Clinical Healthcare Providers
PART III. THE DELIVERY SYSTEMS
7. Offices, Clinics, and Hospitals
8. Tertiary Care: The Long-Term Care Continuum
9. Mental Health Services: A Combination of Systems
10. The Public Health System: The Government’s Role
PART IV. HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND ISSUES
11. Medical Technology, Pharmaceuticals, and Pharmacological Research
12. Healthcare Research and Prevention
13. Cultural Competency, Health Literacy, and Healthcare Ethics
14. International Healthcare