Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Unlocking Medical Terminology serves as a key to discovering a new language, in a fun, eye-catching, yet scientifically precise way. This easy to navigate book is designed to be used as a text to support lectures, or as an independent workbook. To help readers learn the meanings, correct spelling, pronunciation, and other factors of each medical term, the book contains numerous exercises, tips, and colorful figures for learning and practicing.
The flexibility of its application is made possible by the book's text-like format combined with its self-guided, exercise-driven learning program. Wingerd uses a stair-step approach that mirrors the way that many people learn. Instead of assuming you will absorb volumes of information in one step; this book presents topics in smaller pieces. Self-quizzes give you the opportunity to master the information before you build upon it in the next section.
This approach allows you to work at your own pace and ensures success.
Some new features include:
· New Art Program with a very visual presentation of Anatomy and Physiology.
· Case Studies and Medical Reports have been added to give students real world context.
· More exercises throughout to help students refine word building skills.
· New See & Say approach to pronunciation, helping students say the medical terms correctly.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Medical Terminology.
2. The Human Body in Health and Disease.
3. Cells, Tissues, and Cancer.
4. The Integumentary System.
5.The Skeletal and Muscular Systems.
6. The Nervous System with Mental Health.
7. The Eyes.
8. The Ears.
9. The Endocrine System.
10. The Cardiovascular System.
11. Blood, Lymphatics, and Immunology
12. The Respiratory System.
13. The Digestive System.
14. The Urinary System.
15. The Male Reproductive System.
16. The Female Reproductive System.
17. Obstetrics and Human Development.
Appendix A. Word Parts.
Appendix B. Abbreviations.
Appendix C. Endings in Medical Terminology.
Appendix D. Pharmacology Terms.
Appendix E. Alternative Medicine: Therapies and Treatments.
Appendix F. Chapter Exercise Answers Index.