Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTORY TECHNIQUES.
2. Preparation of Media and Reagents Used in Molecular Biology.
3. Isolation of Luminescent Bacteria from Natural Sources.
4. Restriction Digestion and Agarose Gel Electrophoresis of DNA.
II. DNA ISOLATION AND ANALYSIS.
6. Large-Scale Purification of Plasmid DNA.
7. Spectrophotometric Analysis of DNA.
III. CLONING THE LUX OPERON
9. Quantification of Genomic DNA by Fluorometry and Agarose Plate Fluorescence.
10. Ligation of Restriction Fragments of Vibrio fischeri DNA to Plasmid Vector.
11. Preparation of Competent Escherichia coli DH5.
12. Transformation of Competent Escherichia coli DH5 with Recombinant Plasmids.
13. Screening the Vibrio fischeri Genomic Library for Light Producing Clones.
IV. RESTRICTION MAPPING AND SOUTHERN BLOTTING
15. Restriction Mapping of Plasmids from Bioluminescent Clones.
16. Southern Blotting and Hybridization to Detect the luxA Gene.
V. SUBCLONING THE LUX A GENE
18. Gel Purification of DNA Restriction Fragments Containing luxA.
19. Subcloning luxA into A Plasmid Vector.
20. Transformation of Competent Escherichia coli DH5 with Subcloned DNA.
21. Colony Hybridization to Screen for luxA Subclones.
22. Small-Scale Plasmid Isolations (Mini-Preps) from luxA Clones.
VI. ADVANCED TECHNIQUES.
24. Southern Blotting and Hybridization of PCR Products.
25. DNA Sequencing of lux Genes from Plasmid Templates.
26. Computer Analysis of DNA Sequences Using the World Wide Web.
27. Mapping the Vibrio fischeri Genome by Pulsed Field Gel Electrophoresis.
28. Independent Projects in Molecular Biology.
4. Agarose and Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis.
5. Methylene Blue Staining of Agarose Gels.
6. Nucleic Acid Hybridization.
7. Alcohol Precipitation of Nucleic Acids.
8. Care and Handling of Enzymes.
9. Restriction Endonucleases.
10. Enzymes Used in Molecular Biology.
11. Maps of Cloning Vectors and Bacteriophage Lambda.
12. Proper Handling and Disposal of Hazardous Materials.
13. Procedures and Precautions for the Use of Radioisotopes.
14. Equipment and Supplies.
15. Media and Reagents.
16. Bacterial Strains.
17. Lists of Suppliers.
18. Recommended References.
19. Restriction Mapping Problems.