Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
This is the first book to account for the current audiovisual landscape across medium and platform, and it demonstrates that attending equally to soundtrack and image reveals how these media work and how they both mirror and shape our experience.
Carol Vernallis teaches Media Studies at Stanford University. She is author of Experiencing Music Video: Aesthetics and Cultural Context (2004) and co-editor of The Oxford Handbook of New Audiovisual Aesthetics (2013) and The Oxford Handbook of Sound and Image in Digital Media (2013).
Table of Contents
I. New Digital Cinema
1. The New Cut-Up Cinema
2. The Audiovisual Turn and Post-Classical Cinema
3. Music Video into Post-Classical Cinema
4. Moulin Rouge: Delirious Cinema
5. Music Video, Songs, Sound: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
6. Reciprocity, Bollywood and Music Video: Mani Ratnam's Dil Se and Yuva
7. YouTube Aesthetics
8. Audiovisual Change: Viral Web Media and the Obama Campaign
9. Refiguring Music Video: Beyoncé's "Video Phone"
III. Music Video
10. Music Video's Second Aesthetic?
11. Digital Style: Francis Lawrence and Dave Meyers
12. A Music Video Canon?
Afterword: Accelerated Aesthetics: a New Lexicon of Time, Space and Rhythm