Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Eric Firley is the author of this book’s companion volumes The Urban Housing Handbook (2009) and The Urban Towers Handbook (2011). Assistant Professor at the University of Miami School of Architecture since January 2011, he is a trained architect and urban designer with work experience in real estate and several design practices in Paris and London. Regularly invited to speak at architectural institutions around the world, he has a specific interest in interdisciplinary research and in the relationship between architecture and the urban fabric.Katharina Grön is a German planner who graduated in 2008 from the Hamburg University of Technology. Already involved in the production of The Urban Housing Handbook, she has developed the graphic concept of the book, including diagrams and custom-made urban plans. She lives and works as a planner and urban designer in Hamburg.
Table of Contents
1. Broadgate, London
2. Masséna Nord, Paris
3. Stuyvesant Town, New York
4. Battery Park City, New York
5. Avenue de l’Opéra, Paris
6. Vauban, Freiburg
7. Antigone, Montpellier
8. Potsdamer Platz, Berlin
9. Kirchsteigfeld, Potsdam
10. Spangen, Rotterdam
11. Belgravia, London
12. False Creek North, Vancouver
13. Sarphatipark, Amsterdam
14. Marunouchi, Tokyo
15. Euralille, Lille
16. Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires
17. Hammarby Sjöstad, Stockholm
18. Downtown Dubai
19. Beijing Central Business District
20. La Défense Seine Arche, Greater Paris
Scale comparison of all projects