Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
For undergraduate Introductory Management Information Systems courses
As technology continues to change the way organizations do business, knowledge of MIS is critical. Using MIS shows you how businesses use information systems to solve business problems every day. Illustrative cases, exercises, projects, and other aids ensure you connect concepts to everyday life. Unique Guides in each chapter highlight themes in ethics, security, and other timely topics. With a new edition publishing each year, Using MIS keeps you up to date.
Personalize Learning with MyMISLabTM
MyMISLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
Part 1. Why MIS?
1. The Importance of MIS
2. Collaboration Information Systems
3. Strategy and Information Systems
Part 2. Information Technology
4. Hardware, Software, and Mobile Systems
5. Database Processing
6. The Cloud
Part 3. Using IS for Competitive Advantage
7. Processes, Organizations, and Information Systems
8. Social Media Information Systems
9. Business Intelligence Systems
Part 4. Information Systems Management
10. Information Systems Security
11. Information Systems Management
12. Information Systems Development
The International Dimension