from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Valuing Diversity in Early Childhood presents a social justice perspective on developing early childhood professionals’ cultural competence and ability to engage children in exploring and appreciating diversity. It couples essential foundational knowledge and definitions about diversity with clear applications for engaging in culturally responsive practices with children, families, and colleagues. New and experienced early childhood educators embark on a reflective journey to explore personal attitudes and values related to human diversity and culturally competent teaching, while learning to identify, explain, and use effective strategies for supporting and celebrating diverse children and families.
Enhanced Pearson eText. Included in this package is access to the new Enhanced eText exclusively from Pearson. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. Full-color online chapters include dynamic videos that show what course concepts look like in real classrooms, model good teaching practice, and expand upon chapter concepts. Video links, chosen by our authors and other subject-matter experts, are embedded right in context of the content you are reading.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad and Android tablets.*
- Interactive. Features include embedded video, note taking and sharing, highlighting and search.
- Affordable. Experience all these advantages of the Enhanced eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Pearson eText App is available for free on Google Play and in the App Store.* Requires Android OS 3.1 — 4, a 7” or 10” tablet or iPad iOS 5.0 or newer
0133831507 / 9780133831504 Valuing Diversity in Early Childhoos Education, Loose-Leaf Version with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0132687216 / 9780132687218 Valuing Diversity in Early Childhood Education, Loose-Leaf Version
0133523101 / 9780133523102 Valuing Diversity in Early Childhood Education, Pearson eText -- Access Card
Lissanna Follari has been a faculty in early childhood teacher education programs for 13 years and is currently Director for the Bachelors of Innovation in Inclusive Early Childhood Education with the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs. She has written two textbooks with Pearson, Foundations and Best Practices in Early Childhood Education, 3rd edition, and Valuing Diversity in Early Childhood, 1st edition, both published in 2014. She began her career as a passionate educator for young children and families two decades ago and has taught toddlers through elementary school children. Along the way, Dr. Follari also served in child care and lab school administration roles, always promoting play-based, whole-child centered learning environments filled with wonder and beauty for children and teachers alike. She presents trainings and workshops at several regional and national conferences annually in addition to teaching and writing. Above all else, Dr. Follari is a dedicated advocate for joy and excellence in early childhood care and education; passions that are fueled by her most important role as a mother.
Table of Contents
Part I: Foundations and Frameworks
Chapter 1. The What, Why, and How of Exploring Diversity
Chapter 2. The Development of Cultural Identity
Chapter 3. The Spectrum of Responses to Diversity
Part II: Facets of Human Diversity
Chapter 4. Race and Ethnicity
Chapter 5. Language and Nationality
Chapter 6. Socioeconomic Factors
Chapter 8. Families
Chapter 9. Abilities
Part III: Bringing It All Together
Chapter 10. Supporting Individual Learners
Chapter 11. Teaching in a Diverse World