Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
I. VERTEBRATE DIVERSITY, FUNCTION, AND EVOLUTION
1. The Diversity, Classification, and Evolution of Vertebrates
2. Vertebrate Relationships and Basic Structure
3. Early Vertebrates: Jawless Vertebrates and the Origin of Jawed Vertebrates
II. NON-AMNIOTIC VERTEBRATES: FISHES AND AMPHIBIANS
4. Living in Water
5. Radiation of the Chondrichthyes
6. Dominating Life in Water: The Major Radiation of Fishes
7. Geography and Ecology of the Paleozoic Era
8. Living on Land
9. Origin and Radiation of Tetrapods
10. Salamanders, Anurans, and Caecilians
III. SAUROSPIDA: TURTLES, LEPIDOSAURS, AND ARCHOSAURS
11. Synapsids and Sauropsids: Two Approaches to Terrestrial Life
13. The Lepidosaurs: Tuatara, Lizards, and Snakes
14. Ectothermy: A Low-Cost Approach to Life
15. Geography and Ecology of the Mesozoic Era
16. Mesozoic Diapsids: Dinosaurs, Crocodilians, Birds, and Others
17. Avian Specializations
IV. SYNAPSIDA: THE MAMMALS
18. The Synapsida and the Evolution of Mammals
19. Geography and Ecology of the Cenozoic Era
20. Mammalian Diversity and Characteristics
21. Mammalian Specializations
22. Endothermy: A High-Energy Approach to Life
23. Body Size, Ecology, and Sociality of Mammals
24. Primate Evolution and the Emergence of Humans
25. The Impact of Humans on Other Species of Vertebrates