Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and History of Victimology
2. Measurement of Crime and Its Effects
3. The Consequences of Victimization
4. Empowering Victims
5. Homicide Victims
6. Females as Victims
7. Intimate Partner Abuse
8. Child Victims
9. Elder Victims
10. Hate Crimes
11. Special Victim Populations
12. An Overview of the Criminal Justice System
13. Civil Court Proceedings and Victims
14. Negligence and Intentional Torts
15. Constitutional and Civil Rights of Victims
16. Compensation and Restitution of Victims
17. Victim Impact Statements
18. International Aspects of Victimology
Epilogue: Broad Themes
Appendix: Critical Dates in the Victims’ Rights Movement
Appendix: Victimology Related Web Sites