Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Victorian Poets: A Critical Reader features a collection of critical essays focusing on various aspects of Victorian-era poetry from the 1830s to the 1890s.
- Presents key criticism on Victorian poetry
- Features contributions from a variety of scholars in the field
- Illustrates the full range of critical approaches to the Victorian poets, including attention to texts, words, forms, modes, and sub-genres
- Offers fresh reinterpretations, many driven by contemporary ideological interests, including gender questions, selfhood, and body issues
Valentine Cunningham is Professor of English Language and Literature, Oxford University, and Senior Research Fellow in English, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. His publications include Reading After Theory (2002), Victorian Poetry Now: Poets, Poems, Poetics (2011) and King Lear: the Connell Guide (2012).