Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Visual Anatomy & Physiology combines a visual approach with a modular organization to deliver an easy-to-use and time-efficient book that uniquely meets the needs of today’s students–without sacrificing the comprehensive coverage of A&P topics required for careers in nursing and other allied health professions. The Second Edition addresses tough physiology topics with new and revised two-page modules and corresponding new Coaching Activities in MasteringA&P®. Brand-new end-of-chapter study and practice materials include a narrative Study Outline and comprehensive Chapter Review Questions. Module Reviews and Section Reviews, appearing throughout each chapter, give students additional tools for learning. In response to the strong demand from A&P instructors, a brand-new Visual Anatomy & Physiology Lab Manual uses the same visual approach and modular organization to help students succeed in the lab.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience by providing:
- Personalized learning with MasteringA&P: Engage students with new “tough topic” Coaching Activities and a wide range of other question and activity types—all automatically graded.
- A visual approach and modular organization: The two-page modules seamlessly integrate text and visuals to guide students through complex topics and processes with no page flipping. The addition of new content in select modules gives students a better understanding of physiology.
- Frequent practice: Review questions at the end of each module, section, and chapter encourage and support student practice. In the Second Edition, the Chapter Review includes a new narrative Study Outline and new comprehensive Chapter Review questions. Students can continue practicing with MasteringA&P.
- Learning outcomes that tightly coordinate with teaching points: The clean one-to-one correspondence between the numbered chapter-opening Learning Outcomes and the numbered two-page modules give students an easy learning path and instructors an easy vehicle for assessment.
- Streamlined learning in the lab: The new Visual Anatomy & Physiology Lab Manual uses the same visual approach and modular organization to help students succeed in the lab.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringA&P does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringA&P search for ISBN-10: 0321918746 /ISBN-13: 9780321918741. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321918940/ISBN-13: 9780321918949 and ISBN-10: 0321963431/ISBN-13: 9780321963437.
MasteringA&P is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
William C. Ober received his undergraduate degree from Washington and Lee University and his M.D. from the University of Virginia. While in medical school, he also studied in the Department of Art as Applied to Medicine at Johns Hopkins University. After graduation, Dr. Ober completed a residency in Family Practice and later was on the faculty at the University of Virginia in the Department of Family Medicine. He is currently an Affiliate Professor of Biology at Washington and Lee University. Dr. Ober has illustrated every Martini book in every edition.
Judi L. Nath is a biology professor at Lourdes University, where she teaches anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, medical terminology, and pharmacology. She received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Bowling Green State University and her Ph.D. from the University of Toledo. She is a multiple recipient of the Faculty Excellence Award, granted by the college to recognize her effective teaching, scholarship, and community service. Dr. Nath is active in many professional organizations, notably the Human Anatomy & Physiology Society (HAPS), where she has served several terms on the board of directors.
Ed Bartholomew received his undergraduate degree from Bowling Green State University and his M.S. from the University of Hawaii. He has taught A&P at both the secondary and undergraduate levels at Lahainaluna High School and at Maui Community College.
Kevin Petti is a professor at San Diego Miramar College, where he teaches courses in human anatomy and physiology, human dissection, and health education. He is a President Emeritus of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) and holds a Ph.D. from the University of San Diego. As a dual U.S./Italian citizen, he regularly leads excursions to Italy. Touring university museums in Rome, Florence, Bologna, and Padua, his visits explore dissection theaters and wax anatomical models that date back hundreds of years.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. Chemical Level of Organization
3. Cellular Level of Organization
4. Tissue Level of Organization
5. The Integumentary System
6. Osseous Tissue and Bone Structure
7. The Skeleton
9. Skeletal Muscle Tissue
10. The Muscular System
11. Neural Tissue
12. The Spinal Cord, Spinal Nerves, and Spinal Reflexes
13. The Brain, Cranial Nerves, and Sensory and Motor Pathways
14. The Autonomic Nervous System
15. The Special Senses
16. The Endocrine System
18. Blood Vessels and Circulation
19. The Heart and Cardiovascular Function
20. The Lymphatic System and Immunity
21. The Respiratory System
22. The Digestive System
23. Metabolism and Energetics
24. The Urinary System
25. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid—Base Balance
26. The Reproductive System
27. Development and Inheritance