Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
A Visual Approach to Two-Semester A&P Lab
The highly anticipated Visual Anatomy & Physiology Lab Manual Cat Version (Stephen Sarikas) brings all of the strengths of the revolutionary Visual Anatomy & Physiology book (Martini/Ober/Nath/Bartholomew/Petti) to the lab. This lab manual combines a visual approach with a modular organization to maximize learning. The lab practice consists of hands-on activities in the lab manual and assignable content in MasteringA&P®.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience by providing:
- Personalized learning with MasteringA&P: Engage students with assignable lab activities that help them visualize structures and understand processes—all automatically graded.
- A visual approach and modular organization: The two-page modules seamlessly integrate text and visuals to guide students through lab activities—with no page flipping.
- Frequent practice: Opportunities for practice include pre-lab questions (Before you Begin, Consider This), post-lab questions (Review Sheets), pencil-to-paper activities (clearly marked with a black triangle), and critical thinking questions (Making Connections). Students have the opportunity to practice online with MasteringA&P.
- Learning Outcomes that tightly coordinate with lab activities: The clean one-to-one correspondence between the numbered exercise-opening Learning Outcomes and the numbered two-page lab activity modules gives students an easy-to-follow learning path and instructors an easy vehicle for assessment.
MasteringA&P is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Stephen N. Sarikas received his Ph.D. in Anatomy from Boston University School of Medicine. He is Professor of Biology at Lasell College in Newton, Massachusetts, where he teaches A&P lecture (using the Visual A&P book) and lab in addition to other science courses. Sarikas is the author of Laboratory Investigations in A&P, Second Edition, a two-semester A&P lab manual published by Pearson. His experience writing that lab manual and working with the Martini illustration team is a strong foundation for his work on this new lab manual.
Table of Contents
Exercise 1: Body Organization and Terminology
Exercise 2: Care and Use of the Compound Light Microscope
Exercise 3: Cell Structure and Cell Division
Exercise 4: Membrane Transport
Introduction to Tissues and the Integumentary System
Exercise 5: Tissues
Exercise 6: The Integumentary System
The Skeletal System
Exercise 7: Introduction to the Skeletal System and the Axial Skeleton
Exercise 8: The Appendicular Skeleton
Exercise 9: Articulations
The Muscular System
Exercise 10: Introduction to Skeletal Muscle
Exercise 11: Muscles of the Head, Neck, and Trunk
Exercise 12: Muscles of the Upper and Lower Limbs
Exercise 13: Physiology of the Muscular System
The Nervous System
Exercise 14: Histology of Nervous Tissue
Exercise 15: The Brain and Cranial Nerves
Exercise 16: The Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves
Exercise 17: Human Reflex Physiology
Exercise 18: Special Senses
The Endocrine System
Exercise 19: The Endocrine System
Circulation: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
Exercise 20: Blood Cells
Exercise 21: Gross Anatomy of the Heart
Exercise 22: Anatomy of Blood Vessels
Exercise 23: Cardiovascular Physiology
Exercise 24: The Lymphatic System
The Respiratory System
Exercise 25: Anatomy of the Respiratory System
Exercise 26: Respiratory Physiology
The Digestive System
Exercise 27: Anatomy of the Digestive System
Exercise 28: Actions of a Digestive Enzyme
The Urinary System
Exercise 29: Anatomy of the Urinary System
Exercise 30: Urinary Physiology
The Reproductive Systems
Exercise 31: The Male Reproductive System
Exercise 32: The Female Reproductive System
[The CAT and PIG versions of the lab manual will each have ten additional dissection exercises.]
Cat Dissection Exercises
Exercise C1: Introduction to the Cat and Removal of the Skin
Exercise C2: Dissection of the Cat Muscular System
Exercise C3: Dissection of the Cat Peripheral Nervous System
Exercise C4: Dissection of the Cat Ventral Body Cavities and Endocrine System
Exercise C5: Dissection of the Cat Cardiovascular System
Exercise C6: Dissection of the Cat Lymphatic System
Exercise C7: Dissection of the Cat Respiratory System
Exercise C8: Dissection of the Cat Digestive System
Exercise C9: Dissection of the Cat Urinary System
Exercise C10: Dissection of the Cat Reproductive System