Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
Paul J. Deitel, CEO and Chief Technical Officer of Deitel & Associates, Inc., is a graduate of MIT’s Sloan School of Management, where he studied InformationTechnology. He holds the Java Certified Programmer and Java Certified Developer certifications, and has been designated by Sun Microsystems as a Java Champion. In 2012, he was named a Microsoft C# MVP. Through Deitel & Associates, Inc., he has delivered Java, C, C++, C# and Visual Basic courses to industry clients, including IBM, Sun Microsystems, Dell, Lucent Technologies, Fidelity, NASA at the Kennedy Space Center, the National Severe Storm Laboratory, White Sands Missile Range, Rogue Wave Software, Boeing, Stratus, Cambridge Technology Partners, Open Environment Corporation, One Wave, Hyperion Software, Adra Systems, Entergy, CableData Systems, Nortel Networks, Puma, iRobot, Invensys and many more. He has also lectured on Java and C++ for the Boston Chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery. He and his father, Dr. Harvey M. Deitel, are the world’s best-selling programming language textbook authors.
Dr. Harvey M. Deitel, Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer of Deitel & Associates, Inc., has 45 years of academic and industry experience in the computer field. Dr. Deitel earned B.S. and M.S. degrees from the MIT and a Ph.D. from Boston University. He has 20 years of college teaching experience, including earning tenure and serving as the Chairman of the Computer Science Department at Boston College before founding Deitel & Associates, Inc., with his son, Paul J. Deitel. He and Paul are the co-authors of several dozen books and multimedia packages and they are writing many more. With translations published in Japanese, German, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, French, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Greek, Urdu and Turkish, the Deitels’ texts have earned international recognition. Dr. Deitel has delivered hundreds of professional seminars to major corporations, academic institutions, government organizations and the military.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Computers, the Internet and Visual Basic
- Dive Into® Visual Basic Express 2010/li>
- Introduction to Visual Basic Programming
- Introduction to Problem Solving and Control Statements
- Problem Solving and Control Statements: Part 2
- Object-Oriented Programming: Classes and Objects
- Object-Oriented Programming: Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Introduction to LINQ
- Databases and LINQ
- Web App Development with ASP.NET
- Windows Form GUI: A Deeper Look
- Graphics and Multimedia
- Operator Precedence Chart.
- Primitive Types.
- Number Systems.
- ASCII Character Set.
Index (of the printed book)Companion Website Online Content
Chapters 16—27 and Appendix F are PDF documents posted online at the book’s Companion Website (located at www.pearsonhighered.com/deitel).
16. Exception Handling: A Deeper Look
17. Strings and Characters: A Deeper Look
18. Files and Streams: A Deeper Look
19. GUI with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
20. WPF Graphics and Multimedia
21. XML and LINQ to XML
22. Web App Development with ASP.NET: A Deeper Look
23. Web Services
24. Silverlight and Rich Internet Applications
25. Collections and Generics
26. ATM Case Study, Part 1:Object-Oriented Design with the UML
27. ATM Case Study, Part 2: Implementing an Object-Oriented Design
F. Creating Console Applications