Not Yet Printed. Place an order and we will ship it as soon as it arrives.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 1st edition with a publication date of 6/3/2016.
What is included with this book?
The Washington Manual of Patient Safety and Quality Improvement provides a basic framework of many common principles in patient safety and quality improvement to a broad market of medical students and residents, nurses, patient safety officers and pharmacists. Chapters address a practical and multidisciplinary overview of patient safety in complex health care systems, and each concept is introduced using a clinical vignette. The text introduces models, measurements and tools to assess patient safety and quality improvement, and it discusses types of medical errors, how to respond to adverse events, and potential solutions.
- Addresses PS/QI in specific clinical settings (radiology, emergency room, surgery, ambulatory)
- Templated chapters, beginning with clinical vignettes, introduce PS/QI concepts in a relatable manner
- Written by advocates in patient safety/quality improvement
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use