Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Unique to this program is a balanced, well-respected author who makes complex topics easy. Tom Patterson is a recognized voice in media who teaches at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. We the People’s strong authorship and market-leading digital products make this an ideal solution to course goals.
Table of Contents
- Political Thinking and Political Culture: Becoming a Responsible Citizen
- Constitutional Democracy: Promoting Liberty and Self-Government
- Federalism: Forging a Nation
- Civil Liberties: Protecting Individual Rights
- Equal Rights: Struggling toward Fairness
PART 2 Mass Politics
- Public Opinion and Political Socialization: Shaping the People’s Voice
- Political Participation: Activating the Popular Will
- Political Parties, Candidates, and Campaigns: Defining the Voter’s Choice
- Interest Groups: Organizing for Influence
- The News Media: Communicating Political Images
PART 3 Governing Institutions
- Congress: Balancing National Goals and Local Interests
- The Presidency: Leading the Nation
- The Federal Bureaucracy: Administering the Government
- The Federal Judicial System: Applying the Law
PART 4 Public Policy
- Economic and Environmental Policy: Contributing to Prosperity
- Welfare and Education Policy: Providing for Personal Security and Need
- Foreign Policy: Protecting the American Way
PART 1 Foundations