Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Unique to this program is a balanced, well-respected author who makes complex topics easy. Tom Patterson is a recognized voice in media who teaches at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. We the People’s strong authorship and market-leading digital products make this an ideal solution to course goals.
Table of Contents
- Political Thinking and Political Culture: Becoming a Responsible Citizen
- Constitutional Democracy: Promoting Liberty and Self-Government
- Federalism: Forging a Nation
- Civil Liberties: Protecting Individual Rights
- Equal Rights: Struggling toward Fairness
PART 2 Mass Politics
- Public Opinion and Political Socialization: Shaping the People’s Voice
- Political Participation: Activating the Popular Will
- Political Parties, Candidates, and Campaigns: Defining the Voter’s Choice
- Interest Groups: Organizing for Influence
- The News Media: Communicating Political Images
PART 3 Governing Institutions
- Congress: Balancing National Goals and Local Interests
- The Presidency: Leading the Nation
- The Federal Bureaucracy: Administering the Government
- The Federal Judicial System: Applying the Law
PART 4 Public Policy
- Economic and Environmental Policy: Contributing to Prosperity
- Welfare and Education Policy: Providing for Personal Security and Need
- Foreign Policy: Protecting the American Way
PART 1 Foundations