The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
When Bad Things Happen to Good Women is a survivor's toolkit written by a leading expert on how to both survive tragedy and thrive afterward. Focusing on dealing with and recovering from the "bad things" that happen in life --from the loss of a loved one, to physical trauma, to losing a business or home-- Carole Brody Fleet's book is a chorus of female voices who have overcame intense odds and rebounded. Filled with moving stories, this book also provides specific steps on how to move on through difficult challenges, emotional trauma, or dramatic life changes. Advice for friends and families is also included.
Real-life stories and practical advice on life-altering topics are shared by women of all walks of life. New York Times bestselling author and CBS reporter Lee Woodruff tells the story of how her news correspondent and anchorman husband Bob Woodruff nearly died from a roadside bombing in Iraq. Kristen Moeller of Tiny House Nation on A&E describes the devastating wildfire that destroyed her home and how she overcame losing literally everything. No matter the trauma, Carole Brody Fleet makes sure readers are equipped with the tools and techniques to
Carole Brody Fleet is the award-winning author of Widows Wear Stilettos: A Practical and Emotional Guide for the Young Widow (New Horizon Press) and Happily EVEN After: A Guide to Getting Through (and Beyond!) the Grief of Widowhood (Viva Editions, 2012). She is the author and executive producer of the bestselling CD Widows Wear Stilettos: What Now? She is the founder and chief executive officer of Widows Wear Stilettos Inc. She makes guest appearances on national, regional, and local television, appears as a regular guest on numerous radio programs in the United States and Canada, and is a featured expert in many well-known international and national magazines, newspapers, and websites. She lives in Los Angeles.
Table of Contents
1. HOW CAN I HELP?”
2. HOME NO MORE: THE LOSS OF A HOME
3. FROM DAY-TO-DAY” TO GETTING THE DOOR”: THE LOSS OF A JOB
4. BIDDING GOOD BYE TO A BUSINESS
5. THE CHALLENGE OF FINANCES AND THE FINANCES OF CHALLENGE
7. UNKEPT PROMISES AND SHATTERED DREAMS: A BROKEN ENGAGEMENT
8. I DID NOW I DON’T”: SURVIVING DIVORCE
9. HOPE INTERRUPTED: INFERTILITY MISCARRIAGE, STILLBIRTH AND HYSTERECTOMY
10. LIFE’S LIGHTNING STRIKE: SERIOUS INJURY
11. THE BLACK CLOUD OF UNCERTAINTY: SERIOUS / LIFE-THREATENING ILLNESS
12. WHEN GET WELL SOON” TAKES A SAD TURN: THE MATTER OF TERMINAL ILLNESS
13. BEYOND THE VEIL AND ACROSS THE RAINBOW BRIDGE
14. VICTIMIZED BUT NOT A VICTIM
15. THE MISTRESS” NO ONE TALKS ABOUT: LIVING WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSE
16. THE SECOND TIME AROUND”: WHEN BAD-THING HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF