Book + Content Update Program
Make the most of your new Windows 10 device–without needing to be a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to take control of Windows 10, and use it to create, connect, and discover… simplify and organize your whole life… learn more, play more, do more, live better! This book will show you how to do what you want, the way you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Windows 10 has never, ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple Windows 10 could be?
This is the easiest, most practical beginner’s guide to using your new Windows 10 desktop, notebook, or tablet… simple, reliable instructions for doing everything you really want to do!
Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
- Make the new Windows 10 Start menu work just the way you want
- Tweak Windows to reflect your personality and maximize your security
- Reliably connect to your home network or public Wi-Fi
- Master the speedy new Microsoft Edge web browser
- Install and use the best new Windows Store apps
- Enjoy all of your digital photos, videos, movies, and music
- Find whatever you’re looking for–or let Cortana find it for you
- Use free OneDrive cloud storage to store, sync, and back up your files
- Play games and media through Xbox Live
- Manage all email from one easy app: Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo!, and more
- Share files and printers the easy way with Homegroups
- Retrieve up-to-the-minute news, sports, weather, and financial data
- Set up the notifications you want–and turn off those you don’t want
- Create efficient virtual desktops to get more done faster
- Connect multiple monitors to one computer
- Keep your computer safe and healthy–painlessly
Alan Wright has spent a decade providing IT support to enterprises, small businesses, and residential users. He holds several certifications from CompTIA and Microsoft, was technical editor on Using Windows 8 and Microsoft Project 2013 In Depth, and co-authored both Windows 8.1: Absolute Beginner’s Guide and Visio 2013: Absolute Beginner’s Guide.