Design Next-Generation Wireless Networks Using the Latest Technologies
Fully updated throughout to address current and emerging technologies, standards, and protocols, Wireless Networks, Third Edition, explains wireless system design, high-speed voice and data transmission, internetworking protocols, and 4G convergence.
New chapters cover LTE, WiMAX, WiFi, and backhaul. You'll learn how to successfully integrate LTE, WiMAX, UMTS, HSPA, CDMA2000/EVDO, and TD-SCDMA into existing cellular/PCS networks. Configure, manage, and optimize high-performance wireless networks with help from this thoroughly revised, practical guide.
Comprehensive coverage includes:
- Overview of 3G wireless systems
- UMTS (WCDMA) and HSPA
- CDMA2000 and EVDO
- TD-SCDMA and TD-CDMA
- Broadband system RF design considerations
- Network design considerations
- Antenna system selection, including MIMO
- System design for UMTS, CDMA2000 with EVDO, TD-SCDMA, TD-CDMA, LTE, and WiMAX
- Communication sites including in-building and colocation guidelines
- 5G and beyond