Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 2/3/2014.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Bente Scheller is Director of the Beirut based Middle East office of Heinrich- Böll-Stiftung, a political foundation close to the German Green Party, and Marshall Memorial Fellow of the German Marshall Fund of the United States. She holds a PhD from Free University of Berlin and specialises in foreign and security policy. Between 2002 and 2004 she was posted at the German Embassy in Damascus.
Table of Contents
Introduction, Jeremy Miles & Paul Gilbert
1. Thinking about research: issues and dilemmas, Paul Gilbert & C Irons
2. Sampling in health and clinical psychology research, Heather Buchanan & Neil Coulson
3. Ethical research is better research, Bruce Napier
4. Research with children, Sally-Ann Clarke, Jo Lawford, Linda Sheppard & Christine Eiser
5. The measurement of physiological outcomes in health and clinical psychology, Mark A Wetherell & Kav Vedhara
6. Semi-structured interviewing, Fiona Fylan
7. Using focus groups: exploring the meanings of health and illness, Sue Wilkinson
8. Using and evaluating psychometric measures: practical and theoretical considerations, Darcy A Santor
9. The use of diary methodologies in health and clinical psychology, Eamonn Ferguson
10. Analysis of repertory grids in clinical practice, Chris Leach & Kate Freshwater
11. Descriptive and interpretive approaches to qualitative research, Robert Elliott & Ladislav Timulak
12. Discursive approaches, Elizabeth H Stokoe & Sally Wiggins
13. Experimental methods in clinical and health research, Andy P Field & Graham C L Davey
14. The importance of considering effect size and statistical power in research, David Clark-Carter
15. Reliability, Susanne Hempel
16. Analysing categorical data, Chris Fife-Schaw
17. General and generalised linear models, Jeremy Miles
18. Survival analysis, Peter Watson
19. Exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis in clinical and health psychology, Mark Shevlin
20. Applications of structural equation modelling in clinical and health psychology research, Rick H Hoyle
21. Some statistical and graphical strategies for exploring the effect of longitudinal data in health research, Gary Adamson & Brendan Bunting
22. Meta-analysis, Andy P Field