Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
An empowerment approach to women in the criminal justice system.
Women and the Criminal Justice System, Fourth Edition, presents an up-to-date analysis of women as victims of crime, as offenders, and as professionals in the justice system. The text features an empowerment approach is unified by underlying themes of the intersection of gender, race, and class; and evidence-based research. Personal narratives highlight the information provided to help students connect the text material with real-life situations. An emphasis on critical thinking teaches students to look beyond media hype concerning female offenders to study the real stories behind women affected by and working in the justice system.
PART I: INTRODUCTION
1. Theoretical Perspectives on Women and the Criminal Justice System
PART II: FEMALE CRIME AND DELINQUENCY
2. Women in Crime
3 Gender-Specific Programming for Female Offenders
4. Delinquency across the Life Span
PART III: DRUG ADDICTION, PRISON, AND RESTORATION
5. Women, Substance Abuse, and Criminal Justice
6. The Prison Environment
7. Restorative Justice for Female Victims and Offenders
PART IV: WOMEN AS VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS
9. Wife and Partner Abuse
10. Women’s Victimization: Global Perspectives
PART V: WOMEN AS PROFESSIONALS
11. Women in Law Enforcement
12. Women in the Legal Profession
13. Women in Corrections
14. Summary and Trends for the Future