Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
An empowerment approach to women in the criminal justice system.
Women and the Criminal Justice System, Fourth Edition, presents an up-to-date analysis of women as victims of crime, as offenders, and as professionals in the justice system. The text features an empowerment approach is unified by underlying themes of the intersection of gender, race, and class; and evidence-based research. Personal narratives highlight the information provided to help students connect the text material with real-life situations. An emphasis on critical thinking teaches students to look beyond media hype concerning female offenders to study the real stories behind women affected by and working in the justice system.
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION
1. Theoretical Perspectives on Women and the Criminal Justice System
PART II: FEMALE CRIME AND DELINQUENCY
2. Women in Crime
3 Gender-Specific Programming for Female Offenders
4. Delinquency across the Life Span
PART III: DRUG ADDICTION, PRISON, AND RESTORATION
5. Women, Substance Abuse, and Criminal Justice
6. The Prison Environment
7. Restorative Justice for Female Victims and Offenders
PART IV: WOMEN AS VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS
9. Wife and Partner Abuse
10. Women’s Victimization: Global Perspectives
PART V: WOMEN AS PROFESSIONALS
11. Women in Law Enforcement
12. Women in the Legal Profession
13. Women in Corrections
14. Summary and Trends for the Future