This is the 5th edition with a publication date of 12/7/2011.
What is included with this book?
The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
Women : Images and Realities: A Multicultural Anthology
Women: Images & Realities, A Multicultural Anthology
Now in its fifth successful edition, Women: Images and Realitiesoffers a unique, thought-provoking introduction to feminism and women's studies. A multicultural anthology, the text presents a multidisciplinary collection of academic essays and analyses, personal narratives, and fiction and poetry about women's lives. The readings illustrate the variety of women's experiences, primarily in the United States, considering both commonalities and differences among women and appreciating women's diverse approaches to living and fostering change.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER I: WHAT IS WOMEN’S STUDIES?
1. Talking Back | bell hooks
2. Sins of Silence | Mai Kao Thao
3. Claiming an Education | Adrienne Rich
4. The Politics of Black Women’s Studies | Akasha (Gloria T.) Hull and Barbara Smith
5. Men and Women’s Studies: Premises, Perils, and Promise | Michael Kimmel
6. Women’s Studies and Transnational Feminism | Heather Hewett
7. Have You Ever Heard of Asian-American Feminists? | Stacey G. H. Yap
8. Voices of Women’s Studies Students
Women’s Studies as a Growth Process | Danista Hunte
Finding My Latina Identity Through Women’s Studies | Luana Ferreira
What Women’s Studies Has Meant to Me | Lucita Woodis
Women’s Studies: A Man’s Perspective | Evan Weissman
Jump-Starting My Future: The Force of Women’s Studies in My Life | Eleanor Jailer-Coley
9. Women’s Studies as Women’s History | Marilyn J. Boxer