Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Judith Bridges earned her Ph.D. in psychology from the University of North Carolina. She is Professor Emerita of Psychology at the University of Connecticut, where she taught the Psychology of Women course for 20 years. Her research, which has focused on a variety of issues related to women and gender, has been published in the Psychology of Women Quarterly and Sex Roles.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Psychology of Women: History and Research
- Cultural Representations of Gender
- Gender Self-Concept and Gender Attitudes: Developmental Processes and Individual Differences
- Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence
- Gender Comparisons: Social Behavior, Personality, Communication, and Cognition
- Reproductive System and Childbearing
- Education and Achievement
- Balancing Family and Work
- Physical Health
- Mental Health
- Violence Against Girls and Women
- A Feminist Future: Goals, Actions and Attitudes