More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the Reprint edition with a publication date of 10/15/2013.
What is included with this book?
Stefan Tengblad, Professor in Business Administration, School of Technology and Science, University of Skovde, Sweden
Stefan Tengblad is Professor in Business Administration at University of Skovde, Sweden. He has written several articles on leadership and managerial work, which have been published in the Journal of Management Studies, Organization Studies, Journal of Business Ethics, Scandinavian Journal of Management and Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management.
Table of Contents
Part One: Framework
1. Overcoming the Rationalist Fallacy in Management Research, Stefan Tengblad
2. Management in Practice: Overview of Classic Studies on Managerial Work, Stefan Tengblad and Ola Edvin Vie
Part Two: A Practice Perspective on Leadership and Managerial Work
3. Well Then - What Now? An Everyday Approach to Managerial Leadership?, Ingalill Holmberg and Mats Tyrstrup
4. Managerial Leadership: Identities, Processes, and Interactions, Stefan Sveningsson, Johan Alvehus and Mats Alvesson
5. Multi-framing as a Tool in Top Management Teams, Gary Kokk, Sten Jonsson and Airi Rovio-Johansson
Part Three: Operational Managerial Work
6. Work Activities and Stress Among Managers in Health Care, Rebecka Arman, Ewa Wikstrom, Ellinor Tengelin and Lotta Dellve
7. Leadership as Muddling Through: Site Managers in the Construction Industry, Alexander Styhre
8. R&D Managers Leading Knowledge Workers with Care, Ola Edvin Vie
Part Four: Administrative Managerial Work
9. Managers at the Municipal Top, Anna Cregard and Rolf Solli
10. The Swedish Municipality Director: A Managerial Function between Politics and Administration, Leif Jonsson
11. Leaders of Modern Universities: Primi Inter Pares or Chief Executive Officers?, Lars Engwall and Carin Eriksson Lindvall
12. Managerial Work at the Top: Tracing Changes in Work Practices and Efforts Towards Theory Development, Stefan Tengblad
Part Five: Managerial Work in Small Businesses
13. Managerial Behaviour in Small Firms: Does it Matter What Managers Do?, Henrik Floren and Joakim Tell
14. The Duality of Strategic Managerial Work in SMEs: A Structuration Perspective, Anders Nilsson, Mats Westerberg and Einar Hackner
15. Managerial Practices in Family Owned Firms: Strategizing Actors, their Arenas and their Emotions, Ethel Brundin and Leif Melin
Part Six: The Way Forward
16. Refining Shadowing Methods for Studying Managerial Work, Rebecka Arman, Ola Edvin Vie and Havard Asvoll
17. Bridging the Management Theory and Practice Gap, Rob B. Briner. Lars Engwall, Tina L. Juillerat, Henry Mintzberg, Frederick P. Morgeson, Michael G. Pratt and Stefan Tengblad
18. Conclusion and the Way Forward: Towards a Practice Theory of Management, Stefan Tengblad