Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Table of Contents
I. THE WORLD OF THE CELL: AN OVERVIEW OF STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION.
2. The Chemistry of the Cell.
3. The Macromolecules of the Cell.
4. Cells and Organelles.
5. Bioenergetics: The Flow of Energy in the Cell.
6. Enzymes: The Catalysts of Life.
II. MEMBRANES AND CELL SIGNALING.
8. Transport Across Membranes: Overcoming the Permeability Barrier.
9. Signal Transduction Mechanisms: I. Electrical Signals in Nerve Cells.
10. Signal Transduction Mechanisms: II. Messengers and Receptors.
11. Beyond the Cell: Extracellular Structures, Cell Adhesion and Cell Junctions.
12. Intracellular Compartments: The Endoplasmic Reticulum, Golgi Complex, Endosomes, Lysosomes, and Peroxisomes.
III. ENERGY FLOW IN CELLS.
14. Chemotrophic Energy Metabolism: Aerobic Respiration.
15. Phototropic Energy Metabolism: Photosynthesis.
IV. INFORMATION FLOW IN CELLS.
17. The Cell Cycle: DNA Replication, Mitosis, and Cancer.
18. Sexual Reproduction, Meiosis, and Genetic Recombination.
19. Gene Expression: I. The Genetic Code and Transcription.
20. Gene Expression: II. Protein Synthesis and Sorting.
21. The Regulation of Gene Expression.
V. THE CYTOSKELETON AND CELL MOTILITY.
23. Cellular Movement: Motility and Contractility.