Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
With its thematic approach to building reading comprehension, the new World of Readingseries engages students in a wide variety of genres such as news articles, short stories, and textbook excerpts. Each unit is made up of four chapters with readings from many different disciplines, including science, social science, business, and literature. Based on the successful Building on Basics and Building Understanding books, the series has been expanded to cover low-intermediate to advanced students.
Features of World of Reading 2
- Adapted authentic readings help students learn language for use inside and outside the classroom.
- Previewing activities stimulate background knowledge and introduce essential vocabulary to prepare students for readings.
- Vocabulary checks, side-by-side with the readings, call out essential vocabulary in context and help accelerate fluent reading.
- Comprehension and vocabulary sections develop students’ ability to read authentic materials independently.
- Writing prompts offer opportunities for expression about the themes.
Table of Contents
|Reading: My Early Memories|
|Reading: Peer Influences on Achievement|
|Reading: It's OK to be Different|
|Reading: To a Daughter Leaving Home|
|Between Two Worlds|
|Reading: People on the Move: Moving Young|
|Reading: Bibi and Rajini|
|Reading: Bosnia's Loss Is an American City's Gain|
|High Tech-Pros and Cons|
|Reading: Multitasking Madness|
|Reading: In the Blink of an Eye|
|Reading: Advertisers Try New Ways to Get into Your Head|
|Looking For Love|
|Reading: Students Think Love Conquers All|
|Reading: Googling Your Date|
|Reading: Finding a Wife|
|The Enterprising Spirit|
|Reading: Entrepreneurs Recognize Opportunities|
|Reading: I, Lender|
|Reading: How to be Fair|
|Reading: VIP, A Conversation|
|Finding Your Way|
|Reading: The Foundations of the Theory of Multiple Intelligences|
|Reading: Style of Thinking and Learning|
|Reading: No Job Is Beneath You|
|Map of North America|
|Map of the World|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|