More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 3rd edition with a publication date of 9/30/2010.
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
This contributed volume examines in detail the major Western religious traditions, namely Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Islam, and religions of the ancient world. The text traces each tradition in depth from its origins, through its development, to the religion's meaning and practicein today's society. Comprehensive and accessible, the new third edition offers a thorough and engaging introduction to the Western faiths.
The late Willard G. Oxtoby was Professor Emeritus at the University of Toronto, where he launched the graduate program in the study of religion.
Amir Hussain is a Professor in the Department of Theological Studies at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California.
Table of Contents
*=New to this edition
Preface, Alan Segal
1. Roy C. Amore and Amir Hussain: About Religion
* 2. Michael Desrochers: Traditions of the Ancient World
3. Alan Segal: Jewish Traditions
4. Roy C. Amore: Christian Traditions
5. Amir Hussain: Muslim Traditions
* 6. Ken Derry: Indigenous Traditions
* 7. Roy Amore: New Religions and Movements
8. Amir Hussain and Roy Amore: Current Trends in Religion