Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Marina McCoy is an Associate Professor of Philosophy at Boston College.
Table of Contents
1. Woundedness, narrative, and community in the Iliad
2. Oedipus and Theseus at the Crossroads
3. Pity as a Civic Virtue in Sophocles' Philoctetes
4. Wounding and wisdom in Plato s Gorgias
5. Eros, woundedness, and creativity in Plato s Symposium
6. Friendship and moral failure in Aristotle s Ethics
7. Tragedy, Katharsis, and Community in Aristotle s Poetics