Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Marina McCoy is an Associate Professor of Philosophy at Boston College.
Table of Contents
1. Woundedness, narrative, and community in the Iliad
2. Oedipus and Theseus at the Crossroads
3. Pity as a Civic Virtue in Sophocles' Philoctetes
4. Wounding and wisdom in Plato s Gorgias
5. Eros, woundedness, and creativity in Plato s Symposium
6. Friendship and moral failure in Aristotle s Ethics
7. Tragedy, Katharsis, and Community in Aristotle s Poetics