Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Getting Ready to Write
1. Preparing to Learn about Writing
2. Thinking through the Writing Process
Part 2: Using Patterns of Organization to Develop Paragraphs
3. Understanding the Paragraph
4. The Descriptive Paragraph
5. The Narrative Paragraph
6. The Process Paragraph
7. The Example Paragraph
8. The Classification Paragraph
9. The Comparison and Contrast Paragraph
10. The Definition Paragraph
11. The Cause and Effect Paragraph
12. The Persuasive Paragraph
Part 3: Writing an Essay
13. Understanding the Essay
14. Effective Introductions, Conclusions, and Titles
15. Using Patterns of Organization to Develop Essays
16. Research Strategies and Resources
Part 4: The Basic Sentence
17. Nouns and Pronouns
18. Adjectives and Adverbs
20. Subjects, Verbs, and Simple Sentences
21. Compound and Complex Sentences
Part 5: Recognizing and Avoiding Errors
22. Comma Splices and Run-ons
24. Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers
25. Subject-Verb Agreement
Part 6: Punctuation and Mechanics
26. The Comma
27. The Apostrophe
28. Quotation Marks
29. End Punctuation
Part 7: Writing Clearly
32. Sentence Variety
33. Sentence Clarity
35. Revising for Effective Expression
Part 8: Reading Selections