Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Getting Ready to Write
1. Preparing to Learn about Writing
2. Thinking through the Writing Process
Part 2: Writing Paragraphs
3. Understanding the Paragraph
4. Using the Patterns of Organization to Develop Your Paragraphs
Part 3: The Basic Sentence
5.Nouns and Pronouns
6. Adjectives and Adverbs
8. Subjects, Verbs, and Simple Sentences
9. Compound and Complex Sentences
Part 4: Recognizing and Avoiding Errors
10. Run Ons
12. Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers
13. Subject-Verb Agreement
Part 5: Punctuation and Mechanics
14. The Comma
15. The Apostrophe
16. Question Marks
17. End Punctuation
19. Improving Your Spelling
20. Mastering Often-Confused Words
Part 6: Writing Clearly
21. Sentence Variety
22. Sentence Clarity
23. Dialects and Standard English
24. Revising for Effective Expression
Part 7: Reading Selections
Understanding the Essay
The Writing Portfolio