Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Getting Ready to Write
1. Preparing to Learn about Writing
2. Thinking through the Writing Process
Part 2: Writing Paragraphs
3. Understanding the Paragraph
4. Using the Patterns of Organization to Develop Your Paragraphs
Part 3: The Basic Sentence
5.Nouns and Pronouns
6. Adjectives and Adverbs
8. Subjects, Verbs, and Simple Sentences
9. Compound and Complex Sentences
Part 4: Recognizing and Avoiding Errors
10. Run Ons
12. Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers
13. Subject-Verb Agreement
Part 5: Punctuation and Mechanics
14. The Comma
15. The Apostrophe
16. Question Marks
17. End Punctuation
19. Improving Your Spelling
20. Mastering Often-Confused Words
Part 6: Writing Clearly
21. Sentence Variety
22. Sentence Clarity
23. Dialects and Standard English
24. Revising for Effective Expression
Part 7: Reading Selections
Understanding the Essay
The Writing Portfolio