Now in its eleventh edition, Writing and Reporting for the Media continues to be a top resource for journalism courses. A fundamental introduction to newswriting and reporting, this classic text focuses on the basics of reporting, including critical thinking, thorough reporting, excellent writing and creative visual communication skills for stories across all media.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
· The book's updated title, Writing and Reporting for the Media, reflects the expanded breadth of journalism to include text, audio, photos, video and design for all media
· Innovative collaborations of journalism and digital media are covered in Chapter 13, Digital Media: Online, Mobile and Social Media, which includes instruction on how digital journalism differs from print and how to combine multiple elements for a digital package
· The complementary relationship of visuals and reporting is demonstrated in Chapter 14, Visual Journalism, which covers basic skills for shooting still and video images and recording audio
· A newly revised Chapter 4, The Language of News, includes guidance on usage and grammar for the news media
· In full-color for the first time, the text's updated visuals now represent all media, including television, the Internet and mobile media
· A fully updated and expanded AP Style Guide is available to package with the text or purchase as a separate supplement