Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
From bestselling author and Shark Tank star Robert Herjavec comes a business book in which he transcends the business world, helping us all learn the art of persuasion in order to get ahead in our personal and professional lives.
A Wall Street Journal Bestseller!
Many people assume that effective sales ability demands a unique personality and an aggressive attitude. It's not true, and Robert Herjavec is proof. Known as the "Nice Shark" on the ABC's Emmy Award-winning hit show SHARK TANK, Robert Herjavec is loved by viewers, who respond to his affable nature. He has developed an honest and genuine approach to life and selling that has set him apart from his cut-throat colleagues, and rewarded him with a degree of wealth measured in hundreds of millions of dollars.
In You Don't Have to Be a Shark, Robert transcends pure sales technique and teaches "non-business people" what they need to know in order to sell themselves successfully. We are each our own greatest asset, and in order to achieve our goals, we need to be able to communicate with others, position ourselves and even look the part. Robert's philosophy is simple: Great salespeople are made, not born, and no one achieves success in life without knowing how to sell. Entertaining, enlightening and effective, You Don't Have to Be a Shark will reveal the secrets of one of North America's most successful businessmen, who also happens to be one of today's most prominent TV personalities, delivered in a friendly, down-to-earth manner, and filled with anecdotes and observations to support its hard-nosed advice.
1. Learning New Steps on a Different Floor
2. Everyone Is Selling Somebody Something
3. Classes in the College of Bad Debts
4. The Art of Legitimate Selling
5. The Chill of Cold Calls
6. The Biggest Myth About Sales and Life
7. Inside the Shark Tank
8. Shark Bites
9. The World Owes You NothingóExcept Opportunity
10. How Do You Know What Youíre Good At?
11. The 80/20 Rule and How It Rules Life
12. All the Things About Selling That I Learned from Dancingóand Vice Versa
13. Five Things Every Salesperson Needs to Know
14. Five Things That Everyone in Sales Needs to Do
15. Sometimes the Most Difficult Person to Be Is Yourself
16. The Closing Conundrum: People Want to Buy; They Donít Want to Be Sold
17. Setting Your Moral Compass
18. The Best Source of Your Job Security . . . Is You
19. Think of a Job Application as an Ad Campaign
20. Learn to Swim with Sharks Without Being One
21. Itís Not the School Prom (but Sometimes It Feels That Way)
22. How to Ask for a Raise
23. If You Canít See It, You Canít Reach It
24. Beware of the Bullís-eye on Your Back
25. The Price of Success
26. The Significance of Socks
27. Keep Moving Forward