More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 10/1/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Rodric Braithwaite was British ambassador in Moscow from 1988 to 1992, and is now chairman of the International Advisory Council of the Moscow School of Political Studies. He is the author of Moscow 1941 and Across the Moscow River.
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Road to Kabul
1. Paradise Lost
2. The Tragedy Begins
3. The Decision to Intervene
4. The Storming of the Palace
Part 2: The Disasters of War
6. The 40th Army Goes to war
7. The Nationbuilders
10. Devastation and Delusion
Part 3: The Long Goodbye
11. Going Home
12. The Road to the Bridge
13. The War Continues
14. A Land fit for Heroes
Annex 1: Timeline 1747-2001.
Annex 2: Leading Personalities
Annex 3: Order of Battle of the 40th Army
Annex 4: The Alliance of Seven and its leaders
Annex 5: Indochina, Vietnam, Algeria, Afghanistan: A Comparison
Sources and Bibliography